Tuesday, June 1, 2010

World Children's Day


Happy Children's Day everyone!

On this very special day, I decided to share with you a story from my childhood:

When I was 5 or 6 years old, I used to pray in a very structured way before going to sleep every night:

First, I'd thank God for my family, my health and for all the "good things" in my life.
Then, I'd promise Him to be a good girl and to respect my parents.
And finally, I'd ask Him for favors, most of which were VERY silly, like "Please God, make my hair straighter" or "God, I want my mum to let me apply nail polish. Please make her change her mind".
How silly I was!

But I remember asking almost every night for 2 things: world peace and helping "poor and hungry people" (as I'd say it).
So, genuinely speaking, my prayers weren't THAT bad! They were pretty good considering I was 5 or 6!

What story pops into your mind when you remember yourself at 5 or 6?

No comments:

Post a Comment